In the framework of the East Mediterranean Motorways of the Sea (MoS) Master Plan, the Ministries and Authorities of the Eastern Mediterranean region envisaged an ambitious plan to develop viable MoS routes in the region and identify prospective MoS routes, infrastructure interventions and improvements in the inter-modal-logistics chain. Our Company supported the Port Authority of Igoumenitsa to prepare proposals for MoS connections between the port and other East Mediterranean ports participating in the MoS Master Plan.
The main objective of this project was to develop the main Motorways of the Sea (MoS) connections between the Port of Igoumenitsa and other ports, located in countries participating in the East Mediterranean Motorways of the Sea Master Plan, namely Italy, Slovenia, Malta and Cyprus. Our role within the framework of the project referred to the provision of consultancy services for the preparation of proposals, and the elaboration of all necessary studies for MoS connections of the port of Igoumenitsa.
During the implementation of the project, we prepared and submitted to the Ministry of Mercantile Marine and Island Policy of Greece two proposals for MoS connections between the port of Igoumenitsa and the ports of Koper and Taranto in Italy, while we collaborated with the ports of Ancona and Venice for the preparation of two more proposals. These proposals were submitted by the ports of Ancona and Venice, respectively.
In particular, within the two proposals that we prepared, the following were included:
- Executive Summary of the proposal
- Description of the scheduled tasks and investments
- Main objectives of the proposals
- Detailed information on the proposed plan for available services (type of freight, estimation of traffic, estimated frequency for the proposed connection, transfer time)
- Implementation costs for the proposals – Preliminary investment plan
- Potential impacts assessment for the proposals
- Feasibility study
- Technical description of the projects
- Business plan for the projects
- Supply and demand analysis
- Investment plan
- Socio-economical analysis
- Traffic study and traffic forecasts
- Environmental impact assessment
- Assessment of impacts on competitiveness
- Estimation of modal shift
- Cost benefit analysis
- Risk analysis